Each year at the discretion of the board of directors, we honor an individual or individuals who have:
- Played a significant role in the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud;
- Made a substantial recovery or savings due to his or her role in fraud examination;
- Contributed significantly to the discipline of fraud examination;
- Developed innovative techniques in the white-collar crime field;
- Submitted legislation to detect and prevent fraud; or,
- Educated others in the field of fraud examination.
The Excellence Award is given to thank outstanding individuals for their significant contribution towards meeting the goals of our organization and our profession in the State of Rhode Island.
The board of directors requests members nominate outstanding individuals that they feel are deserving of this excellence awards.
|2018||Det. Mark Solomon|
|2017||Special Agent Matthew Amsden|
|2016||No Recipient Awarded|
|2014||Det. Ernest Adams
Lt. Joseph Hopkins
Det. Michael Ortrando
Det. Richard Ptaszek
Special Agent Jon Ringel
|2013||Richard G. Fondi|
|2011||Martha McVeigh, CFE
H. Chris Der Vartanian, CPA
|2010||Det. Sgt. Killian|
|2008||Det. Marcos Saenko (Ret.)|
|2007||Luis M. Matos|
|2006||Philip A. Benvenuti, CFE, CIA, FCLS|
|2005||W. Dennis Aiken|
|2004||Alan H. Ryder, CFE, CPA
Jeffrey L. Asermely
|2003||Clifford J. Coutcher, CFE|
|2002||Professor Kevin W. Poirier, CPA
Det. Paul Ainsworth
Det. Sgt. Robert E. Avizinis
William R. Guglietta, Esq.
Lori A. Tellier, CPA, CFE