AIPSO serves the residual market auto insurance industry
Staff Auditor – Internal Audit (Johnston, RI)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct objective audits of AIPSO and Plan organizational structure, controls, policies, procedures and practices.
• Assist with identification of project scope and objectives, and execute the audit program to achieve those objectives.
• Analyze business and system operations, identify control strengths and weaknesses, and propose suitable approaches to test the controls to accomplish the audit objectives.
• Investigate deviations, identify exceptions, communicate audit results, and assist with development of remedial action recommendations for the purpose of adding value to control environment and support AIPSO’s mission.
• Prepare project related materials, such as Audit Plans, Audit Memorandums, Final Audit Reports, Flowcharts, Narratives, Audit Programs, Testing Documents and Summaries.
• Act as a resource to audit team through sharing of knowledge gained from external resources (training) or internal resources (as an audit liaison, through cross-functional team participation, or audit projects).
• Perform audit liaison role for functional area as assigned.
• Consistently meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities, as directed.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university majoring in Accounting, Finance, Cyber Security, or Computer Information Systems preferred. Additional appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. CIA and/or CISA preferred.
Two or more years of combined experience in operational, system, financial and/or compliance auditing. Foundational understanding of insurance acumen, more specifically as it relates to the residual automobile insurance market.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Ability to work effectively individually or in a team environment to accomplish project goals and promote collaboration of ideas.
• Ability to understand and concisely document business or system operations through development of process narratives and flowcharts.
• Strong analytical skills are required to assess information and processes, and identify areas of risk, while applying good judgment in evaluating the impact of those risks.
• Understanding of cause and effect and consider underlying issues and various perspectives for reliable judgment.
• Requires strong communication skills to effectively express audit results in verbal and written format to auditees, and successfully achieve agreement on action plans.
• Ability to wok on multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively organize assignments and tasks.
• Ability to balance and manage project time lines and deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Access.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. To this end, all employment related decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis and in full compliance with federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com