Thank you for your interest in joining the Rhode Island Certified Fraud Examiners. Our membership consists of over 100 individuals including auditors, accountants, fraud investigators, loss prevention specialists, attorneys, educators, criminologists, police officers and many others.
We encourage everyone to join the Chapter, whether you are a CFE, considering becoming a CFE, or you are a member of an organization involved in fraud detection, prevention and investigation. Come and share your expertise and interact with other anti-fraud professionals!
The Chapter provides reasonably priced continuing education and training to help you maintain your CFE credentials and grow your anti-fraud acumen.
- Certified Fraud Examiner. A person who has achieved the status of Certified Fraud Examiner. A CFE is entitled to vote and to become a director and officer of the Chapter.
- Associate. Associates are individuals who are not CFE’s but are required to be dues-paid members of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Associates are entitled to vote and can serve in certain offices in the Chapter.
- Affiliate. Affiliates are not required to meet the qualifications and requirements for membership in the Chapter or the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, but are encouraged to do so in the future. Affiliates of the Chapter are those parties, regardless of their field of endeavor, who desire to be a part of the fight against fraud and white-collar crime. Affiliates of the Chapter, shall have no Chapter voting rights, and shall not be eligible to hold any Chapter office or participate on Chapter committees.
- Student. Student membership is open to full-time graduate and undergraduate college and university students and who have an interest in fraud prevention and detection. While students shall not have voting rights, nor shall they be eligible to hold any Chapter office, they are entitled to discounted registration rates on training and events.
The membership year is August 1 – July 31. Dues are not pro-rated and are non-refundable.
- Certified Fraud Examiner – $30.00
- Associate – $35.00
- Affiliate – $40.00
- Student – $10.00
To join, please submit a membership application for approval to the board. We look forward to having you at our next event!